Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 3rd

Last night was a crazy night! As we learned today it is not normal for bolts of lighting to actually hit ground here, but light night was it sure did and right by us! As we were finishing up our birthday dinner it began to sprinkle, which led to lightening and thunder for a good portion of the night. Brennan had come in to our room about 30 minutes before it got extremely loud and bright. I tried to put him back in his bed but wanted something else. I was half asleep at the time but soon woke up when he jumped off his bed and said 'dada dada dada'! He didn't want me!!!! I put him in bed with Taylor and he snuggled right up to him and fell asleep. I had shut the windows because the rain was coming in, but I wanted to see how close the lightening actually was. Just as I opened the window a bolt struck about 100 yards from us and I was BLIND! The thunder made me jump it was so loud. this went on for hours and Brennan became closer and closer to Taylor as if he was a leech : ) Brooke hadn't made a beep during all of this so I went to check on her. She was out!!!!! I put my hand on her chest and she didn't even flinch so she must have had too much fun the day before : ) From what we have been told there one of the faculty houses' was hit just a couple buildings from us and the next street over one of the power transformers was also hit. All safe and prepared for the same tonight! I love rolling thunder and lightening storms but that one was a bit close and I wanted to be asleep : (

Taylor: slept in and could barely make an understandable sentence when I asked if he was going to class. He has a group of 3 that have asked him to help them get to where they need to be in order to make the BYU Provo cheer quad so they stunt 4 days a week. Today was one of the days! He took the time to titey up the house for me!!!!!! (A kitchen full of dishes, an out of place living room from games the night before and put away beach stuff) Then it was off to class for almost 4 hours (they always get out early and today was super early). We went on a walk to the store and then had dinner (tuna melts : ) ) The rest of the evening was spent together as a family watching the kids play with some NCIS and then trying out the new show 'The Voice'.

Amy:had a lazy day after an action packed long day and very little sleep!!!! On Tuesdays I watch a neighbor boy who is 2 months older than Brennan named Bannock. His parents have class so we get to hang out! After his long night he fell asleep before coming over but when he heard Brennan's voice he woke up!!!!! After playing for a bit, I put them down for a nap. They are entertaining to say the least because they are copiers!!!! I took full advantage of them finally falling asleep and did so my self! I wake up just in time for Taylor to leave for class and a clean house, which makes me most happy! A friend, Richelle came over and spend some times with us because her husband and Taylor are in the same class. She left about 10 minutes before they got out : ) The rest of the night was the same as Taylor's.

Brennan:woke up to see he was at his dad's side and couldn't have been happier!!!!! He played in the living room and had a blast because it was all out of place, not the normal! Ate and ate and ate ... He must be growing because I can't seem to give him enough food. He woke up from his nap and couldn't stop crying ... he wanted a banana and I would let him have one (we have to limit him to one a day or his system gets blocked and we want to tear up with him as he tries to push it out). It is heart breaking to not understand so he just cried until I put Tarzan on for him! He was so into it I don't think he even blinked for the first 45 min. Richelle didn't even get a look when she came :( Oh well at least he wasn't crying any more!!!!!!!! Our neighbors are from Tonga and get bananas straight from the tree all the time from different friends, so when they are almost to go bad they will bring a bunch over because they know Brennan's love for them. About 2 weeks ago they had a 6 foot (at least) limb of bananas and they brought some to us on Sunday. All he wants to do is open the frig and eat one!!!!!!!!!!!!! or get a drink of water!!!!!!!

Brooke: slept for the majority of the day!!!! Tonight just before she went to bed, I was holding her and turned my head ... this apparently was the most hilarious thing to her. She LAUGHED loud and long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was almost louder than Brennan's laughs! We continued to play for 10 minutes or so but I couldn't get the same reaction again. She did her usual little giggle though so it was fun. The comments that we get about her are ... she is so happy or she has a doll face and is beautiful!

No comments: